Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Try This Tuesday: Olive Spread Recipe

I told you I received my Southern Living Magazine last week. Why is that so exciting you ask? Well, I let my subscription run out so I have been without for a couple of months. Not only did I get my first magazine since the hiatus, it was the Thanksgiving addition. A girl could not be happier! I was flipping through on Saturday morning before I went to work for a bit and noticed this Olive Cheese Ball that look FABULOUS! Well, I tried it out on Monday night and it is to DIE FOR!! So, so good! Here is the recipe:

1- 8oz Cream Cheese (I used reduced fat and it still tasted great)
1 tablespoon of mayo
1/2 cup of diced green olives with pimentos
1/4 cup fresh green onions, diced
1 cup diced pecan pieces

Combine softened cream cheese, mayo, olives, and green onions in a bowl. Roll mixture into a ball or two logs. Cover with crushed pecans and serve. I used the Townhouse "Flip" crackers. One side is cracker the other is pretzel. You could serve with any vegetables, etc..

My new fav!!

No comments:

Post a Comment