Friday, February 12, 2010

Good Morning...I think I will take a SNOW DAY


Yes that is right!! Auburn actually got 3 inches of snow today. I could not be happier! Growing up, I would spend all of my Christmas' in Port Clinton, Ohio. For those of you who don't know where that is, it is on Lake Erie in Northern Ohio. My parents were born and raised in Port Clinton. Both sets of grandparents, my aunt and uncle, and cousins all lived up there when I was going up. We would spend Christmas playing in the snow. Since my grandmother died in October of 2008, we have not been back to Port Clinton. I miss it so much. I realized now that I'm a "grown up" the memories of being there and the feeling you get when you see something like snow. It takes me back to being that 10 year old taking late night walks through that tiny lake front town.

Matthew and I both worked for a few hours today and came home before it got too cold and icy. We got out for a few minutes to "play" in the wet stuff and enjoyed hot chocolate and french onion soup.





I could not find my gloves, so building a Snowman was OUT...Our short lived play time....



Yes, I'm thinking I need botox...

Happy Valentines Day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment